Chatting in computer

images chatting in computer

Similarly, a talk show usually has a hoststaffguestsand an audience. Just wanted to throw in my vociferous agreement that interlocutor is probably the most precise and appropriate term for this asker's example. Chat rooms and forumsusually classify their users as moderatorsmembersand guestsindicating role permissions in the environment. Given that the Turing Test long antedates the modern chat room, I am impelled to ask what word Turing himself used. Coaxial cable Fiber-optic communication Optical fiber Free-space optical communication Molecular communication Radio waves Transmission line. Texting and language skills Archived 15 January at the Wayback Machine. The expression online chat comes from the word chat which means "informal conversation". Having said that, if you're really in need of an alternative, you may consider interlocutor. Users were called "mudders", and chat-only MUDs with game elements removed, known as "talkers", had users called "spods". Other answers cover the most appropriate terms, but I'd like to add one more option:

• Top 10 sites chat and instant messaging Telegraph

• Chat refers to the process of communicating, interacting and/or exchanging messages over the Internet.

Video: Chatting in computer Chatting with Command Prompt

It involves two or more individuals that communicate. Computer dictionary definition for what chat means including related links, information, and terms.

For terms frequently used in online keyboard chatting see chat acronymsIRCBBS On the Internet chatting is talking to other people who are using the Inte.
    Texting and language skills Archived 15 January at the Wayback Machine. Given that the Turing Test long antedates the modern chat room, I am impelled to ask what word Turing himself used.

If not, then what? By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Retrieved 19 January Online chat may refer to any kind of communication over the Internet that offers a real-time transmission of text messages from sender to receiver.

Koelner single malt
    Users were called "mudders", and chat-only MUDs with game elements removed, known as "talkers", had users called "spods" http: Since you've already used "person" and "participant" in the question itself, you're obviously looking for more specific terms.

I'm not sure there is a one-word solution without supporting context.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Michael Rize 2 7. Retrieved 6 May

A real-time communication via keyboard between two or more users on a local network (LAN) or over the Internet.

Non-verbal, a computer chat is like sending. Online chat may refer to any kind of communication over the Internet that offers a real-time. Computer-mediated communication.

Online chat; Online discussion. Want to send messages from both your phone and your computer? app does not provide a backup and restore feature for your chat history.
    I guess this question is: Since your question seeks to describe participants in a Turing test, you might call these participants test candidatesor just candidates in other words, they are "competing" for candidacy of the status of "most humanlike" in the eyes of the test administrators.

Texting and language skills Archived 15 January at the Wayback Machine. In Guy Merchant's journal article Teenagers in Cyberspace: Credit where it's due!

Top 10 sites chat and instant messaging Telegraph

Anonymous member arrested during online chat after threat against FBI. From Writing and Digital Media IC contributions are usually sent to the server for distribution to the other chat members only when the writer presses the RETURN key to dispatch what is usually a line of text, though in some systems like Hotline the limit may be as much as

Black women meet white men
    Archived from the original on 24 October Sign up using Email and Password.

InBrown and Woolley released a web-based version of Talkomatic. This page was last edited on 8 Octoberat Online chat may refer to any kind of communication over the Internet that offers a real-time transmission of text messages from sender to receiver. His terminology was evidently influenced by WWII. I think that a common definition is:

When you have an electronic conversation using an instant message service on a computer screen, this is an example of a chat.

verb. To chat is defined as to. Explain briefly chat in computer terms. Get the answers you need, now!.

It's not an issue. Yes you cannot do it on browser so what you can do is download the desktop app for the same. Here I am providing you with a link you can go.
    Archived from the original on 1 November I'm not sure there is a one-word solution without supporting context.

Similarly, a talk show usually has a hoststaffguestsand an audience. Online chat in a less stringent definition may be primarily any direct text-based or video-based webcamsone-on-one chat or one-to-many group chat formally also known as synchronous conferencingusing tools such as instant messengersInternet Relay Chat IRCtalkers and possibly MUDs.

If you think that email is a word now, it may be time for echatthus an echatter. Pieter B 2.

Criticism of online chatting and text messaging include concern that they replace proper English with shorthand or with an almost completely new hybrid language.

Chatting in computer
    This new literacy develops skills that may well be important to the labor market but are currently viewed with suspicion in the media and by educationalists.

Thereby, a feeling similar to a spoken conversation is created, which distinguishes chatting from other text-based online communication forms such as Internet forums and email. Archived from the original on 20 December Archived from the original on 1 November Archived from the original on 8 December

2 thoughts on “Chatting in computer

1. Given that the Turing Test long antedates the modern chat room, I am impelled to ask what word Turing himself used.

2. Web conferencing is a more specific online service, that is often sold as a service, hosted on a web server controlled by the vendor. If you think that email is a word now, it may be time for echatthus an echatter.