I am chatting meaning

images i am chatting meaning

I'm hard pressed to think of any case where I have heard a fluent English speaker say "chat to". I'm going to talk to my boss today and ask for a raise. For example, instead of typing out "are", someone may only type "r. X is plural and you mean chat in a "broadcast information to everyone" sense this is where you'd say something but not expect specific replies back from each party of the chat. Post as a guest Name.

• What does IM mean IM Definition. Meaning of IM.
  • prepositions Chat to or chat with English Language Learners Stack Exchange

• chat definition: 1.

Video: I am chatting meaning Meaning of LOL, OMG, WTF, IDC, JK, FYI, ...

to talk to someone in a friendly informal way: 2. to take part in a Half an hour later, she was smiling and chatting as if nothing had happened.

Chatting when one is running their gums, talking almost complete nonsense, but all other gangstas are like 'yeah brud, i get you.

Video: I am chatting meaning Bf chat gf 😘

skeen, skeen. There is a suburb named Chatswood in Sydney, the word was first used by a small group of individuals from the North Shore who had a disliking for a group of .
    British English speakers are fine with both chat to and chat with.

These pair of words are observed in normal conversation: As you can see, and as the accepted answer has pointed out, seeing chat and seriousness go together is a bit of a rare occasion.

I just did a Bing search on "chat to" and while there are a couple of examples like, "we chat to the cast of Grand Hotel" and "chat to the future", most are. Home Dictionary C - Definitions.

What does IM mean IM Definition. Meaning of IM.

X is plural and you're describing a habitual activity. Furthermore, there's this ELU question with a good answer adjacent to it.

NATURAL SCENT OF A MAN POEM
    Talk to can result in a dialogue, of course, but marks the initial intention of a serious monologue, like:.

There is of course also the distinct phrasal verb "chat up", but it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

prepositions Chat to or chat with English Language Learners Stack Exchange

My mother lectured me after she caught me smoking and talked at me for hours about the dangers of addiction. Talk to can result in a dialogue, of course, but marks the initial intention of a serious monologue, like: American English speakers usually use chat with.

I'm going to talk to my boss today and ask for a raise.

whichever preposition you want in this case, based on the meaning you want to imply. Computer dictionary definition for what chat slang means including afiaa, as far as I am aware See bg page for alternative meanings. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.

. shoot the breeze (U.S. slang), chew the rag or fat (slang) I was just chatting to him the.
    So, basically, one could argue that talk to is better since the indication that the talk was interactive is irrelevant info and there's no harm in removing it. That's a pretty big difference.

So, for the benefit of doubt, let's take a look at ngrams about similar pairs: As a side note, that was only a little bit longer than I expected. There is of course also the distinct phrasal verb "chat up", but it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

Furthermore, there's this ELU question with a good answer adjacent to it.

Craigslist nw oklahoma farm
    So, basically, since talk with is more correct; you should use that instead of talk to when referring to an interactive conversation.

You might be wondering why talk to X doesn't work the same. There is of course also the distinct phrasal verb "chat up", but it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

But I learnt in school that if communication can described 'two-way' rather than 'one-way', than using with is more proper. However, talk to and speak to are more common than their corresponding phrases, also by a considerable margin. My personal feeling as a native speaker of American English is that the to version is ungrammatical.

I named my app like Like-minded - find and chat with people having similar interests Oxford dictionary says chat goes with to preposition.

2 thoughts on “I am chatting meaning

1. I picked some examples of chatting to in the AmE corpus at random to investigate, and found that they were published in American publications, but were written by British authors!

2. My mother lectured me after she caught me smoking and talked at me for hours about the dangers of addiction. Below, is an example of someone saying "Are you smart because I need someone smart".