Indian arranged marriage sites

images indian arranged marriage sites

At a recent dinner party, when I was trying to explain how single-minded Indian parents can be, my friend Jaidev jumped to the rescue. Nandita Mullapudi, 30, created a profile on telugumatrimony. When Shreyas Deokule phoned his parents in Mumbai, India, in the summer ofhe received unexpected news. They promised that his sister would deal with all the details of fielding inquires from prospective brides and that he would not be bothered until it came time to choose a suitable bride from a selection of candidates. They had posted his profile on a matrimonial Web site.

• Indian Parents Look To Web To Arrange Matchmaking And Marriage HuffPost
  • A Modern Indian Woman's Struggle with ArrangedMarriage

• The World's No 1 Indian Matrimonial Website with over 5 million Marriages, is trusted by over 35 million for Matrimony. To find Aadhaar Verified. Nov 23, There are various options to choose from but the best one according to me would be Cupidknot. The offer extensive online and offline service and are constantly.

Sep 10, The year-oldwhich operates websites such as For decades, Indian arranged marriages have mainly been organised.
    Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you.

At the time, I was working as a journalist in Singapore. Even though they have not participated in the selection of her current boyfriend, Mullapudi's parents have accepted him as their daughter's potential future husband. Some of the most popular matrimonial Web sites are shaadi.

Indian Parents Look To Web To Arrange Matchmaking And Marriage HuffPost

They started dating and have continued their relationship after she moved to New York, where she now works as a post-doctoral associate at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Santa monica woman attacked
    Rao Mullapudi, 63, who works as a consultant in information technology in Hyderabad, India, said he and his wife looked for simplicity, honesty and a willingness to work hard when they chose candidates for their daughter.

But I did take heart in the fact that it was addressed only to me.

Yielding to the pressure, he gave them permission to go ahead with the bride search through the Web site. Deokule corresponded with them over a couple of months, but they never talked on phone or met, and the e-mail exchanges eventually stopped.

A Modern Indian Woman's Struggle with ArrangedMarriage

Some of the most popular matrimonial Web sites are shaadi. The process of finding a suitable partner went through many changes, said Majumdar.

Go to mobile site.

Apr 5, But while doing research about arranged marriages, I've made a Online dating and matrimonial sites, such as eHarmony, OkCupid, and The.

Wedeterna is a new-age, personalised and fresh approach to arranged marriages. Self Arranged Marriages| DIY — Do It Yourself Indian matrimonial website.

Apr 24, NEW DELHI — For thousands of years, fathers in India have arranged the marriages of their children, and Garima Pant — like an estimated
    Eventually, Deokule said, his parents managed to persuade him to leave the profile up on the matrimonial Web site. Within these sites are sub-sites for Indian regions, like punjabimatrimony.

The process of finding a suitable partner went through many changes, said Majumdar. Even though Mullapudi was open to meeting the candidates her parents had screened, none of them worked out. He did, however, respond to e-mails from two women who had contacted him after his sister gave them his e-mail address.

QUEERTY APPS
    Yielding to the pressure, he gave them permission to go ahead with the bride search through the Web site.

Toteja plans to move to the U. What are your intentions? At a recent dinner party, when I was trying to explain how single-minded Indian parents can be, my friend Jaidev jumped to the rescue.

Video: Indian arranged marriage sites Top Documentary : Forbidden Love In India Refusing Arranged Marriage - Documentary 2018

Deokule, too, wishes to get married.

2 thoughts on “Indian arranged marriage sites

1. Her parents agreed to remove the profile from the Web site, but the pressure is still on. I lodged my protest against him and arranged marriage by getting ragingly intoxicated and blowing smoke rings in his face.

2. After expressing interest in each other through a matrimonial Web site, they met twice in New Delhi--once with both families present; the second time alone. Deokule, too, wishes to get married.