Stingy meaning in english

images stingy meaning in english

I realized that I must have seemed like a mean, stingy old scamp. If a Headline Falls in the Forest The story of an imaginary word that managed to sneak past our editors and enter the dictionary. Words at Play Is it 'Dreamed' or 'Dreamt'? These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'stingy. Tagalog Meaning - Duration: English Language Learners Definition of stingy. South Wales dialect a stinging nettle I put my hand on a stingy.

• Stingy Synonyms, Stingy Antonyms
  • Stingy Define Stingy at
  • stingy meaning and definition
  • stingy definition English definition dictionary Reverso

• One likely reason for this is that means-tested programmes tend to be stingy and small to begin with, and so will yield little in terms of budgetary savings. Stingy definition, reluctant to give or spend; not generous; niggardly; These Are the Longest Words in English · These Are the Saddest Phrases in English.

SYNONYMY NOTE: stingy1 implies a grudging, mean reluctance to part with anything belonging to one;, close1 suggests the keeping of a tight hold on what.
    English Language Learners Definition of stingy.

Stingy, the most general of these terms, means unwilling to share, give, or spend possessions or money: You must always offer a friend one, else he will call you 'a stingy fellow.

Wall Street Journalviews. Ghost Word The story of an imaginary word that managed to sneak past our editors and enter the dictionary. Vague Meaning - Duration:

Black women meet white men
    See the full definition for stingy in the English Language Learners Dictionary.

Kids Definition of stingy.

Video: Stingy meaning in english What does stingy mean

Resources for stingy Time Traveler! These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'stingy.

Stingy Synonyms, Stingy Antonyms

More Report Need to report the video? Fix these basic English pronunciation mistakes! Cy Whittaker's Place Joseph C.

Definition of stingy - mean; ungenerous. Definition of stingy in English: stingy. adjective. informal. Mean; ungenerous. 'his boss is stingy and idle'. Stingy definition is - not generous or liberal: sparing or scant in using, giving, or spending. How to Britannica English: Translation of stingy for Arabic Speakers.

Define stingy (adjective) and get synonyms. What is stingy (adjective)? stingy ( adjective) meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary.

Stingy Define Stingy at

adjective informal stingy pronunciation in British English /ˈstɪndʒi/. Word Forms. Close.
    See words that rhyme with stingy. First Known Use of stingyin the meaning defined at sense 1.

If a Headline Falls in the Forest All synonyms and antonyms for stingy Spanish Central: Historical Examples of stingy And the next was when I scolded because she broke a bowl; And she said I was mean and stingyand hadn't any soul. Explore the year a word first appeared.

Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

stingy meaning and definition

Stingy meaning in english
    The story of an imaginary word that managed to sneak past our editors and enter the dictionary.

My wife left me because she said I was stingy, and she took my child—my only daughter.

Rating is available when the video has been rented. When you are left to your own rhetorical devices. Wall Street Journalviews. Contemporary Examples of stingy His post-election press conference was too long, too provocative, and too stingy in his phoned-in praise for the winners.

Having tight pockets; reluctant or unwilling to part with money or help someone else in any way; cheap; suffering from "Mr.

stingy definition English definition dictionary Reverso

Krabs syndrome;" doing any and. stingy meaning, definition, what is stingy: not generous, especially with money: From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishstingystin‧gy /ˈstɪndʒi/. stingy definition: The definition of stingy is someone or something that is not THE AMERICAN HERITAGE® DICTIONARY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
    Learn English with Alex [engVid]views.

Each was occupied with his own thoughts, and each was stingy of his breath. You have, and you didn't let me know it, you mean, stingy thing! Wall Street Journalviews.

Tagalog Meaning - Duration:

NATURAL SCENT OF A MAN POEM
    Historical Examples of stingy And the next was when I scolded because she broke a bowl; And she said I was mean and stingyand hadn't any soul. Bovi Ugboma 66, views New.

Sign in to add this to Watch Later. More words related to stingy Scotch adjective. My wife left me because she said I was stingyand she took my child—my only daughter. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.

1 thoughts on “Stingy meaning in english

1. You have, and you didn't let me know it, you mean, stingy thing! More from Merriam-Webster on stingy See words that rhyme with stingy Thesaurus: